Best Time to Post on Instagram by Day, Time & Niche
Any active user on social media always looks for the best time to post on Instagram. In the case of Facebook and other social networks, the day and time you choose can be decisive to achieve a greater impact. That’s why it’s important to discover the best time to post on Instagram.
Factors to decide when to post on Instagram
You will have to analyze the statistics of your account and ask yourself a series of questions. Before setting an optimal time and day in your agenda to make publications. So, you should ask yourself:
- When are your followers more active?
- What information or content does your audience expect to receive at each moment of the day?
- How do the Instagram algorithm updates affect you?
In addition, we must take into account the type of content we want to offer because regular publications and stories do not follow the same patterns. In fact, none of the above is important in the case of Instagram Stories.
When is it better to post on Instagram?
First, let’s see some general estimates about when is the best time to make regular posts on Instagram, those that appear in the feed of your followers and remain fixed on your profile.
The best time to post on Instagram
To know exactly when to post on Instagram, you must first keep in mind one of the most relevant keys; detect what are the deadlines for your community. That is those moments of the day when practically your followers do not enter Instagram.
For any Instagram profile, it has been demonstrated that the first hours of the morning are not very fruitful. Therefore, it is essential that you always post, at the earliest, starting at 11 am.
Also, keep in mind that, if you are going to publish during the week, it is more than likely that the best hours are after lunch. That is, between 3 pm-4pm.
- Never post before 11 am (unless part of your community is located in countries with different time zones).
- If you update your profile during the week, try to do it during free hours, such as between 3 pm and 4 pm.
- Sunday: 5:00 p.m.
- Monday: 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 3:00 a.m. & 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:00 a.m. & 11:00 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 a.m. & 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 a.m. & 2:00 a.m.
Even so, as we mentioned at the beginning, it is essential that you know your audience and their behavior in particular.
The best day to post on Instagram
When to publish on Instagram?
On Monday to start the week right?
On Wednesday, as it is a central day?
Or on Saturday, taking advantage of the free time you usually have during the weekend?
Well, everything seems to indicate that the weekends are not very apt to make updates if what you want is to achieve a greater reach.
The reason is that users tend to be much less aware of their mobile phones unless they are traveling and take the opportunity to upload some photographs.
Therefore, whenever possible, try to publish during the week and, more specifically, between Tuesday and Thursday. Because, as we all know, Mondays are a lot lazier, and on Fridays, many people start their half-day weekend.
In short, take note of these tips:
- Always try to update your profile during the week.
- If you can choose, publish mostly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
In any case, these are recommendations based on global estimates. To determine with success what days and at what time to publish on Instagram, prioritize analyzing the statistics offered by the company accounts and draw conclusions about the moments in which your users are most active.
When is it better to post on Instagram Stories?
If your doubts have to do with the publication of stories on Instagram, the solution is much simpler in this case for several reasons, all of them related to the ephemeral nature (24 hours) of this content:
- The concept of ‘dead hours’ has no relevance here, as your followers will have easy access to your story even if they are not active at the time of publication.
- Instagram has not yet designed an algorithm that rewards or penalizes the number of stories you publish, so there is no specific limit in this regard.
In fact, there are accounts that publish stories practically throughout the day, accumulating more than 10 or 15 different stories, without worrying too much about finding the optimum moment.
Of course, there may be times when you need to have an immediate response to your stories from your followers. In those cases, you should try to find out when your followers are most active.
In short, follow these tips if you wonder when to post on Instagram and permanently investigate the behavior of your audience. Only then will you get the best results.
If you want to build your social media presence, follow Digital Tech Doctors Instagram account.